2018 DS/ML digest 11
Cool thing this week
(0) Once again about Google Duplex
(1) Google announcements from Google IO
-- Email autocomplete
We encode the subject and previous email by averaging the word embeddings in each field. We then join those averaged embeddings, and feed them to the target sequence RNN-LM at every decoding step, as the model diagram below shows.
-- Google Clips device + interesting moment estimation on the device. Looks like MobileNet distillation into a small network with some linear models on top
Libraries / tools / papers
(0) SaaS NLP annotation tool
(2) Cool thing to try in a new project - postgres restful API wrapper - such things require a lot of care though, but can elimininate a lot of useless work for small projects.
For my blog I had to write a simple business tier layer myself. I doubt that I could use this w/o overengineering because I constructed open-graph tags for example in SQL queries for example
Job / job market
(0) (RU) Realistic IT immigration story
(0) Last week open images dataset was updated. I downloaded the small one for the sake of images. Though the download process itself is a bit murky
Like this post or have something to say => tell us more in the comments or donate!